Tandem fishing is a wonderful way to spend time with your loved ones. Also, you can fish with your closest friend using tandem fishing kayaks.
I always prefer to go fishing with my best friend. The tandem fishing kayak is my all-time favorite because it offers me two people to sit in one kayak.
However, you must purchase a top-notch tandem fishing kayak if you want to increase the excitement. But do you know which company’s tandem is best?
Do not worry; I will give you the best BKC tandem fishing kayak review in this article. So, read the article till the end.
Facts Worth Knowing About The Brooklyn Kayak Company
Before going to the review, I will explain BKC and its features in this section. So, an online business with its headquarters in Brooklyn is called Brooklyn Kayak Company. The founders of this business have an interest in kayaking and were hunting for excellent kayaks that would offer them all the advantages.
However, the company’s founders did not find a quality kayak. As a result, they started making their kayaks and created a platform to purchase them online.
Fortunately, the Brooklyn kayak provides some great features that will not waste your money. So, the features are given below:
- Two comfortable seats
- Two paddle
- Two watertight hatches
- One bungee cargo hold
- Two holders for articulating rods
- Four-rod holders with flush mount
Moreover, there are some specific features of BKC fishing kayaks, including built quality, room for storage, and comfort.
Polyethylene is used to make Brooklyn kayaks. Polyethylene is light, robust, and reasonably priced. Moreover, the kayaks are easy to paddle, and you can move them quickly. Also, carrying handles are fitted on the sides of Brooklyn kayaks.
Room for Storage
For both single and double passenger boats, Brooklyn kayaks have enough storage. You can carry whatever you have carried in safety, including fishing tools.
Moreover, the kayaks have two watertight storage spaces, which are all accessible. Additionally, there will be a large cargo space for more large items. On top of that, it holds rods.
The Brooklyn kayaks have high-backed, adjustable seats that you can adjust to fit any person. You will have plenty of room for your legs in these kayaks.
However, as I previously said, you will receive your tools close to your hand. Since these kayaks are made in such a way, getting where you want to go will not be a problem, and you will have a comfortable experience with Brooklyn Kayak.
In our latest article Are Brooklyn Kayaks any good, you will learn everyting about BKC kayak company.
5 Best BKC Tandem Fishing Kayak
In this section, you will get the BKC tandem fishing kayak review. This section is crucial for you because you can take help from this while purchasing your fishing kayak. So, let’s not waste more time.
1. BKC TK122U 12 Foot 6 Inch Tandem Fishing Kayak
If you are looking for a kayak for fishing, choose a model designed with fishermen in mind. A two or three-person fishing kayak with every feature a fisherman could desire is the Brooklyn Kayak Company TK122U 12′ 6″ Tandem Kayak.
This kayak has four fishing rod holders, two of which can be rotated. Also, it gives you and your companion various rod placing possibilities.
Additionally, the kayak’s seats are comfortable. A comfortable chair is necessary because fishing demands a lot of time. The seats look like aluminum porch chairs lifted slightly from the kayak’s bottom.
Moreover, the BKC TK122U tandem fishing kayak has good storage, which is necessary because anglers have a lot of equipment with them. In addition to a bungee tie-down in the backside, it has two waterproof compartments.
Also, four “accessory rails” are included to install a GPS to the side of the kayak. The kayak’s flat bottom and high weight capacity make it very stable. It has a very high weight capacity of 770 lbs.
However, the only disadvantage I can think of for this fishing kayak is that BKC’s customer service is not the best. I repeat, it might not be the best, but you can still get good service.
- The BKC TK122 tandem fishing kayak has four holders for fishing rods.
- It has enough storage for securing tools.
- It is designed to be stable in rivers, lakes, and the ocean.
- Its numerous adjustment points, seats and backs provide the best comfort and support.
- It has high-density HDPE, which protects from UV rays and erosion.
- Lack of customer service.
2. BKC PK 13 13 Foot Pedal Drive Fishing Kayak
BKC PK 13 is another best tandem fishing kayak. It is the best kayak for enjoying the kayaking journey because the Brooklyn Kayak Company designs it for cruising. Also, it will provide you with a paddle rack to place the paddle in and move hands-free while bicycle-style pedals spin a high-efficiency operator.
Additionally, the hand-operated wheel will help you maintain your path when you move along and improve your ability to steer so you can make quick turns. It has a comfortable aluminum frame seat, two watertight hatches, an adjustable aluminum paddle, three integrated rod storage, one paddle holder, and a bungee cargo belt. For your upcoming adventure, BKC PK 13 has all the necessary gear.
Also, you can cycle backwards, which allows you to stop or move forward. In addition, for use in the river, lake, or ocean, the boat made of one-piece molded HDPE material is superior to inflatable kayaks while supporting up to 550 lbs. Lastly, it provides two articulating rod holders and three flush mount rod holders to keep rods out of the way when paddling.
- It has a paddle rack for storing the paddle.
- You can maintain your way by its hand-operated wheel.
- It gives you three integrated rod storage.
- It has an optional trolling motor that will help you customize your ride.
- It has a cooler with a drain hole and plugs into the front cord storage cover.
- It is pretty heavy to move.
3. BKC TK122K 2 or 3 Person Tandem Fishing Kayak
BKC Tk122K is another best kayak worthy of BKC tandem fishing kayak review. It gives you extra space to fit three people, making it perfect for paddling with kids on family outings and epic fishing trips.
Additionally, it is made with two comfortable padded seats, two adjustable aluminum paddles, two waterproof hatches, four integrated rod holders, two paddle parks, and one bungee cargo tie-down. You can get anything you need from the BKC tandem kayak for your next adventure.
Moreover, compared to inflatable kayaks, BKC TK122K’s rotomolded high-density polyethylene product is a capable craft in the lake, river, or ocean and can support up to 770 lbs. Its 34-inch beam ensures that it will stay balanced even in tiny waves or swift currents, and it provides good strength for fishing in all kinds of situations.
You can keep multiple bait lines in the water using two articulating rod holders and two flush mount rod holders. Moreover, you can keep the rods out of the way while paddling.
The BKC TK122K has two watertight storage compartments where you may safely store all of your belongings. And you can store all of your fishing equipment and outdoor goods in the cargo area.
- It gives you extra space for three people.
- It includes four integrated rod holders.
- It provides you with two soft seats.
- It can support you up to 770 lbs.
- You can enjoy the safety of your belongings with its two watertight storage compartments.
- It is quite expensive.
4. BKC TK 219 12.2 Foot Tandem Fishing Kayak
The BKC TK219 review is another best fishing kayak for the serious angler who needs enough room and storage for equipment and desires the best ride. This kayak’s size gives you enough space to fish safely in even rough waters and fast waves.
Moreover, there is enough room for two people and their gear, and they can stay balanced in currents and turbulent water. Besides, it is made with two adjustable, softly padded seats and six convenient built-in rod holders.
Also, there are two waterproof hatches to secure the bait boxes and four flush mount rod holders on the sides to prevent tangles and the need for modifications after casting. These characteristics combine two passengers and all their gear to make a comfortable, smooth ride.
Furthermore, UV-protected, high-density polyethylene to last many years is used for constructing this tandem fishing kayak. Due to the stability of its hull, it can move quickly and effectively when fishing.
In addition, it is the best option if you and your partner want a boat that will give you a comfortable ride. Its 34-inch beam makes it highly stable for fishing on choppy waters. Lastly, with a weight of up to 595 pounds, the storage compartment in the back can carry your belongings while maintaining overall balance.
- It is stable.
- It has five-rod holders.
- It provides you with carrying capacity.
- It gives you a durable design.
- It has a flexible backrest.
- It is quite heavy.
- It is a slow-moving kayak.
5. BKC UH-RA220 11.5 Foot Angler Sit On Top Fishing Kayak
Although The Brooklyn Kayak Company provides a variety of thrilling fishing kayaks, the BKC UH-RA220 is the best you have ever seen. A complete sit-on kayak designed for fishing, it has hands-free pedal steering and simple paddle propulsion.
The hull is robust and well-built. It provides a smooth ride and is secure for anglers to stand on, providing angling versatility. It has four storage compartments, three watertight, and is suitable for keeping a phone, wallet, keys, and your lunch. The fourth is a free cargo space with a bungee tie-down system for securing bigger equipment.
Moreover, it has a cutout for mounting a fish finder or specialized GPS, a UV-resistant cover which protects it from sun damage, and is perfect for saltwater usage. Besides, you can concentrate on paddling without worrying about your direction because of a simple pedal steering system.
Additionally, it has a cutout for a trolling motor in case you do not feel like paddling at all. Also, it has some more features, including paddle holders, a bungee tie-down system, ingenious watertight storage, and fully articulating rod holders.
- The seats are designed with an aluminum frame to give you the best support and comfort.
- It is stable in rivers, lakes, and the ocean.
- The high-density HDPE protects from UV rays.
- The robust hull provides a smooth ride.
- It has a sizable cargo area and lots of waterproof storage space.
- It is costly.
The Ultimate Buying Guide of Brooklyn Tandem Fishing Kayak
You must consider some buying guidelines before purchasing a BKC tandem fishing kayak. Research buying guidelines for fishing kayaks will help you choose the best BKC tandem fishing kayak. So, keep an eye on this section to get the guidelines:
- Seats: It is among the vital characteristics of a tandem fishing kayak. Of course, you will want to be supported in your hips and lower back while on a kayaking trip. Make sure the kayak you choose has adjustable and comfortable seats.
- Versatility: A kayak’s success in various types of water depends on its adaptability. Some kayak types offer better paddling performance, which you can use for leisure and long-distance journeys. A single person may use some tandem kayaks. Choose a kayak with removable mounts and seats, a bungee tie-down system, and fishing holes for ease of use if you plan on going solo.
- Rod And Reel Holders: You need a variety of fishing rod holders and gear within reach if you want to fish comfortably with your fishing partner. A good fishing experience requires enough space for both users to set up their rods simultaneously. Combining flush-mounted and movable rod holders is best for your comfortable angle.
- Width And Length: Depending on your skill and experience, you must decide on the size of your kayak. A longboat is perfect for professional kayakers and fishermen since you can efficiently operate it in choppy waters. However, beginners and less experienced kayakers should use a shorter kayak. A kayak’s length and width influence how it will be moved and stored.
- Capacity of Weight: The capacity of carrying the weight of a tandem kayak varies widely from model to model. To support two paddlers and all of their gear, ensure that the kayak you purchase has a weight limit that is high enough.
- Space for Storage: If two persons are on a boat, you must carry numerous accessories and fishing equipment. It suggests that your tools need some storage space. So, keep an eye out for kayaks that at least make an effort to provide additional storage for two people or at least use the space provided most effectively.
- Comfort: As crucial as it is, you and your fishing partner must be at ease when out on the water. So, you need to examine the Legroom. To sit comfortably, make sure there is enough space.
- Cost: Fishing kayaks for two people are less expensive than those for one. So, make sure to choose something appropriate for your skill level and something you will use frequently.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What Type of Fishing Kayak Is The Most Stable?
The kayak that is lightest and easiest to manage is the most stable for fishing. When there are large waves, turning and controlling light kayak fishing boats is simple.
2. Which Tandem Kayaks Are The Best?
Although there are many tandem kayaks on the market, the most well-known and popular kind is the Inflatable Tandem Kayak. Compared to other kayaks, it has more innovative and unique features.
3. What Length Works Best for A Tandem Kayak?
Depending on how you wish to use the kayak, determine its standard length. Compared to shorter kayaks, longer kayaks (over 13 feet) are better for leisure paddlers on shorter journeys.
4. Do Tandem Kayaks Have Less Stability?
Kayaks used in tandem are not always less stable than kayaks used alone. The difficulty of paddling with a partner causes a tandem kayak to be unstable.
5. Can One Person Operate A Tandem Kayak?
Yes! Certain tandem kayaks are made to be modified for solo paddling. So, look for sit-in or sit-on-top kayaks with the feature of removable seats.
6. What Kind of Kayaks Are Best For Beginners?
For beginners, inflatable sit-on-top kayaks are the best option. Such kayaks are quite simple to enter and exit.
7. Which Kayaks Are Easier to Carry from One Place to Another?
To make it simple to carry kayaks, most of them include well-molded carrying handles, allowing for the simple transportation of light kayaks. Nevertheless, since they are light, portable, and simple, inflatable kayaks are the best choice.
8. What Are The Important Gears to Carry for Beginners?
It is advised to bring safety equipment, helmets, life jackets, first aid kits, and repair kits when kayaking for the first time.
Now you know the five BKC tandem kayaks from this BKC tandem fishing kayak review. So, I hope that whenever you buy a fishing kayak, you will look at the features of the BKC tandem fishing kayak that are reviewed in this article.
Moreover, you should follow the buying guidelines that can help you choose the best product and assist you in saving some amount of money. So, to get all the help, keep in touch with this review article and make yourself hassle-free.